Towards A new Energy Labelling Framework: Industry Priorities for Finalising the Draft Report of Rapporteur Tamburrano
Published: 26 May 2016
Policies & Issues: Energy & Climate
The European Parliament ́s ITRE committee is currently finalising its report on a new energy efficiency labelling framework. Orgalime as the voice of European energy efficiency technology providers calls on members of the European Parliament to strive for a committee report that further rewards top performers for their considerable investments in energy efficiency research through a simple, stable, credible and trustworthy energy label for consumer products.
We particularly mind setting in place a future framework that supports European global energy
efficiency technology leadership through:
- a preservation of European Intellectual Property Rights, confidential business data and know how.
- a determined market surveillance and enforcement programme that effectively combats free riding and unfair competition.
- a preservation of the functioning of the Internal Market for products with fully harmonised requirements at EU level.
- a sufficiently generic and flexible EU framework that allows taking account of the inherent different product characteristics and efficiency potentials of the various products in scope according to their specific impact assessment studies.
- a maximum of legal stability and planning certainty.
- a maximum of consumer confidence in the label.
To read the position in full, please download the document above.
Director - Energy, Climate & Environment