Do you believe that innovative technologies are essential enablers for digital transformation, clean energy and sustainability? Are you committed to Europe and the opportunities it has to lead on the global stage?
Does working in a truly international environment motivate you? Are you a shaper? Then join us and be part of shaping a future that’s good.
Adviser – Internal Market & Innovation
Orgalim – Europe’s Technology Industries – is looking for an adviser, who will be shaping and driving our agenda on Internal Market and Innovation policies, “closing the gap” between physical and digital elements of the Internal Market. The responsibilities cover our EU advocacy on areas such as the New Legislative Framework and mechanical/electrical regulations, standardisation policy, market surveillance and R&D and innovation. He/she will report to the Policy Director, working closely with the wider policy team to leverage synergies across Orgalim’s entire policy portfolio. This is an opportunity to work at one of the leading industry associations in Europe, on issues that are at the top of the EU political agenda, and key to Europe’s industrial base.
Who we are
Orgalim has a team of 30 people - 14 nationalities - representing the interests of Europe’s technology industries: innovative companies spanning the mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and electronics, ICT and metal technology branches. We are working with policymakers and stakeholders to strengthen our industries’ growth and global leadership, to maximise their contribution to Europe’s economy and society, and to foster a new relationship of trust between businesses and citizens.
The responsibilities include
- Coordinating, advising and proactively implementing Orgalim’s advocacy efforts on the policy issues at EU level
- Managing the work in Orgalim’s relevant working groups and task forces, engaging directly with our members to build relationships, identify needs and deliver value;
- Building a strong network within the EU institutions and among relevant stakeholders;
- Representing Orgalim in policy discussions with decision-makers and at external events;
- Supporting the Policy Director with the broader management of the Orgalim policy team
- 4 years or more of relevant experience in the European institutions, industry, associations or consultancies
- A university degree in law, political science, engineering, or a related field
- Strong knowledge of the European Union and its institutions, processes and policies
- Experience working on policy issues impacting Europe’s Technology Industries a strong plus
- An excellent communicator, both written and oral
- A self-starter with proactive mindset, strong attention to detail and a “can-do” attitude
- Very high proficiency in English; good knowledge of other European languages is a plus
- An effective team player with ability to work within flexible and multidisciplinary structures
A full-time role in a dynamic, flexible and international working environment in Brussels where you can take initiative, responsibility and grow professionally.
Joining one of the leading industry associations in Brussels and being at the heart of the ongoing industrial transformation of Europe.
A competitive salary based on experiences and merits.
CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, for the attention of Inge Dewit Vanhaelen, by 19 July 2020, mentioning “Adviser Orgalim” in the e-mail subject line. In the body of the email, please copy in: “I hereby consent that my personal data is processed by Orgalim for recruitment purposes” so that we have your written consent to follow up on your application.