How to modernise Directive 2000/14/EC on Outdoor Noise: Orgalime core policy statements on the public consultation
Published: 16 April 2018
Policies & Issues: Internal Market - Product Safety Legislation
Orgalime, the European Technology Industries, counts among the companies it represents a wide variety of manufacturers of equipment used outdoors, such as garden equipment machinery, cranes and lifting equipment, and equipment used in the construction sector in general.
Orgalime believes that in the interest of better regulation European industry needs a clearer and fully harmonised legal framework. So, we welcome the evaluation of the Outdoor Noise Directive (OND) as part of the European Commission’s REFIT programme.
We have asked that seven key points be duly considered in the evaluation exercise:
1. The scope of the new piece of legislation should be maintained
2. Mandatory third-party certification does not add value
3. Effective market surveillance
4. Test code assessment
5. No database on noise
6. Alignment of the OND to the New Legislative Framework
7. Turn the Directive into a Regulation
Download the paper to read our recommendations in full.
Manager - Technical Regulation