Policy Exchange on Industrial Data Sharing
Our virtual Policy Exchange on Industrial Data Sharing took place on 28 September. You can read about the discussions and access the recording below. Feel free to pass them along to colleagues who may be interested.
On 23 February 2022, the European Commission published a proposal for new rules for a fair and innovative data economy: The Data Act.
With this proposal, the Commission aims to stimulate a competitive data market, open opportunities for data-driven innovation and make data more accessible for all. Clearly, the transition to a data-driven economy is of paramount importance for the future growth and competitiveness of our industries.
As the Data Act moves to the Council and the European Parliament for adoption, it is of the utmost importance to discuss the impact of the proposed regulation on industry. Indeed, the extensive new obligations imposed on manufacturers can have substantial costs for technology industries.
Join us for an interactive Policy Exchange to debate the impact of the proposed new Regulation on industry. Representatives of the European institutions and industry, will debate the policy instruments proposed in the Data Act, their impact, and discuss their ability to achieve their intended objective.
- Pilar Del Castillo Vera (ES/EPP), European Parliament
- Szymon Lewandowski, Legal and Policy Officer, DG CONNECT, European Commission
- Malte Lohan, Director General, Orgalim, Europe's Technology Industries
- Jussi Mäkinen, Director EU Regulation, Technology Industries of Finland
- Christiane Mann, Vice President Industry Affairs Smart Infrastructure, Siemens AG and Chair of the T&D Europe Smart Grids Micro Grids Working Group
- Daniel van Geerenstein, Chair of Orgalim Digital Transformation WG and Deputy Director of Legal, VDMA
More information regarding the agenda will follow soon.
Register now to secure your place and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.