Global Forum on AI Governance - Launch event
14 October, 13.30 - 15.30
The global challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic have underscored the importance of artificial intelligence as a source of innovative solutions and, increasingly, of economic growth. As the use of AI continues to develop at pace, the United States, the European Union, and Japan play a significant role in AI governance. Collaboration between the three governments and the global business community is therefore needed to advance frameworks that are interoperable, promote innovation, and are grounded in shared democratic values.
The Global Forum on AI Governance is a joint initiative of the U.S., EU, and Japanese business communities to discuss AI governance and identify areas for greater cooperation.The goal is to ensure an open dialogue between leading business voices and policymakers to mitigate future, unintentional, and unnecessary regulatory divergences.
The launch event of the Forum will take place online on 14 October and will discuss:
- Emerging Approaches to AI Governance: Finding Commonalities, Advancing Interoperability
- AI Governance in Today’s Regulatory Landscape
Senior representatives of the government and business communities from U.S, the EU and Japan will join the discussion, with confirmed names including:
- Michael Fitzpatrick, Head of Global Regulatory Affairs, Google
- Nicolas Grunder, Chief Counsel for Digital and Data Privacy, ABB
- Sean Heather, Senior Vice President, International Regulatory Affairs, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Hirohide Hirai, Director-General, Commerce and Information Policy Bureau, Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan
- Yoichi Iida, Deputy Director-General for G7 and G20 Relations, Global Strategy Bureau, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications of Japan
- Hiroaki Kitano, Chair of the AI Utilization Strategy Task Force, Keidanren and Executive Vice-President at Sony Corporation
- Rada Rodriguez, President of Orgalim and Senior Vice-President at Schneider Electric
- Charles Romine, Director, Information Technology Laboratory, U.S. National Institute of Standards & Technology
- Lucilla Sioli, Director of Artificial Intelligence and Digital Industry, DG CONNECT, European Commission
- Dragoş Tudorache, Member of the European Parliament, Renew Europe
- Shinichi Urakawa, Chair of Sub-committee on Digital Economy, Keidanren; Director, Senior Managing Executive Officer, Sompo Japan Insurance Inc.
- Mabito Yoshida, Vice-Minister for Policy Coordination (International Affairs), Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications of Japan
Moderated by Joshua Meltzer, Senior Fellow at Brookings
Can I attend this event?
The event is on a by-invitation basis only. However, we have a few spots available for senior business and government representatives. For more information, contact us at email@example.com