Orgalim Policy Exchange - The Sustainable Products Initiative & EU Digital Product Passport
Our Policy Exchange 'The Sustainable Products Initiative & EU Digital Product Passport' took place on 29 June. You can read about the discussions and access the recording below. Feel free to pass them along to colleagues who may be interested.
With upcoming legislative changes on the horizon, it is crucial to stay informed of any changes that will directly impact your businesses. The introduction of the Sustainable Products legislative Initiative (SPI) will increase information requirements and establish a Digital Product Passport (DPP) that gathers data on a product along its value chain.
We invite you to observe a policy exchange between European Commission representatives and industry experts who will reflect on the SPI and DPP proposals. The participants will discuss the proposals and their impact on Europe’s technology industries in terms of opportunities, challenges, and next steps moving forward.
Moderated by Stéphanie Mittelham, Manager Energy and Environment, Orgalim, the discussion will count on the presence of Paola Zanetti, Senior Expert – Legal Officer and Michele Galatola, Policy Officer, DG GROW, European Commission and several representatives from our industries, including:
- Dr. Benedikt Brenken, Director R-Cycle Initiative
- Louise Bünemann, Vice-Chair Orgalim Environmental Sustainability Working Group; Senior Adviser at Danish Industries
- Jesper Jerlang, Standardization Manager, Danfoss Drives A/S
- Kati Palomaa, Manager Sustainability and Analytics, Konecranes Global Corporation
- Prof. Dr. Dieter Wegener, VP and Head of External Cooperation at Siemens Technology; Chairman of ZVEI Industrie 4.0 Management Circle
To help you understand the discussion points and the implications of the SPI and DPP better, refer to our latest position paper.