We continue to monitor the evolution of the COVID-19 situation and will update this information and our procedures as required.
Our work to support our industry continues uninterrupted as well as our work with the EU institutions. In the past months to support the EU decisionmakers on the pandemic response, we have provided input from across our members and countries on how to best provide support to the industry.
We remain convinced that taking resolute action in a coordinated European approach is essential to manage the immediate medical needs and mitigate the wider socio-economic impact of COVID-19 in the EU. See all our statements here.
If you have any questions or would like to talk to a member of the team, please do get in touch.
Orgalim business continuity, staff safety measures and events
Our priority is the health and safety of all colleagues, partners and guests. Following the recommendations made by the World Health Organisation and the ECDPC (European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control) and the Belgian Federal Government, all staff have been invited to work remotely, and all business travel and face-to-face meetings have been suspended until further notice.
We have in place the necessary IT infrastructure to ensure business continuity, including online access to documentation and the framework for virtual meetings. Moreover, all telephone lines have been automatically redirected to alternative numbers.
All working group/task force meetings are maintained and will take place as virtual meetings. This decision affects all meetings at least until 1 September 2021. We will review this policy by the end of August 2021. Any changes to this policy will be communicated with at least 2 weeks advance notice.
We have reviewed our calendar of events and replaced physical events by webinars when possible. We will continue to monitor the situation closely. Please refer to our events pages for updates.
Our members are closely monitoring the COVID-19 impact on their countries/sectors.
We have listed below the link to the direct page on their website that addresses COVID news, developments or actions. These pages may be in local languages.
- Austria: FMTI - Association of Metaltechnology Industries
- Belgium: AGORIA - The federation of technology industries
- Croatia: CEA - Croatian Employers Association; HGK - Croatian Chamber of Economy
- Denmark: DI - Confederation of Danish Industries
- Finland: Technology Industries of Finland
- France: FIEEC - Fédération des Industries Electriques, Electroniques et de Communication; FIM - Fédération des Industries Mécaniques
- Germany: VDMA - Verband Deutscher Maschinen- und Anlagenbau; WSM - Wirtschaftsverband Stahl- und Metallverarbeitung; ZVEI - Zentralverband Elektrotechnik- und Elektronikindustrie
- Hungary: MAGEOSZ - The Hungarian National Association of Machinery and Power Engineering Industries
- Ireland: IBEC - Irish Business and Employers Confederation
- Italy: ANIE - Federazione Nazionale Industrie Elettrotecniche ed Elettroniche; ANIMA - Federazione delle Associazioni Nazionali dell' Industria Meccanica varia ed affine
- Latvia: MASOC - Association of Mechanical Engineering and Metalworking Industries
- Lithuania: LINPRA - The Engineering Industries Association of Lithuania
- Luxembourg: Fedil Metal
- The Netherlands: FME - Association of Enterprises in the Technological Industrial Sector; METAALUNIE - Nederlandse Organisatie van Ondernemers in het Midden-
en Kleinbedrijf in de Metaal
- Norway: Norsk Industri
- Portugal: AIMMAP - Associação dos Industriais Metalurgicos, Metalomecanicos e Afins de Portugal
- Slovenia: GZS-MPIA - Metal Processing Industry Association C/o Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia
- Spain: SERCOBE - Asociación Nacional de Fabricantes de Bienes de Equipo
- Sweden: TEKNIKFÖRETAGEN - The Association of Swedish Engineering Industries
- Switzerland: SWISSMEM - Schweizer Maschinen-, Elektro- und Metallindustrie
- Turkey: MAKFED - Turkish Machinery Federation
- United Kingdom: BEAMA - Federation of British Electrotechnical and Allied Manufacturers Associations Ltd; GAMBICA - Association for Instrumentation, Control, Automation and Laboratory Technology
European Sector Associations
- AFECOR - European Control Manufacturers Association
- AQUA - European Association of Meter Manufacturers
- C.E.F.A.C.D - European Committee of Manufacturers of Domestic Heating and Cooking Appliances
- CECAPI - European Committee of Electrical Installation Equipment Manufacturers
- CECE - Committee for European Construction Equipment
- CEIR - European Committee for the Valve Industry
- CEMEP - European Committee of Manufacturers of Electrical Machines and Power Electronics
- CEO - European Tool Association
- EFCEM - European Federation of Catering Equipment Manufacturers
- EGMF - European Garden Machinery Federation
- EURALARM - Association of the European Fire and Security Industry
- EUROPACABLE - Association of European Wire and Cable Producers
- EUROPUMP - European Pump Industry
- FARECOGAZ - European Association of Manufacturers of Gas Meters, Gas Pressure Regulators and Associated Safety Devices and Stations
- FEM - European Federation of Materials Handling
- PNEUROP - European Association of Manufacturers of Compressors, Vacuum Pumps, Pneumatic Tools and Air & Condensate Treatment Equipment
- T&D Europe - European association of electricity transmission and distribution equipment and services industry